Terms, Policies and Conditions for Handyman Daily
It is our desire to be transparent about who we are and what we provide for our Customers!
Here is the outline of the policies and procedures specific to Handyman Daily (“Handyman”) services so you the (“Customer”) can make an informed decision.
See Below For Chart of Rates
Standard Handyman Daily Rates Tax Included.
|Standard Weekday Rate: 8AM to 5PM:||$65.00/Hour with a one hour minimum. Work preformed after the first hour is billed in 15 minutes increments.|
|After Hour Weekday Rate:||$75.00/Hour.|
|Weekend and National Holidays Rate:||$90.00/Hour with a minimum of 2 hours.|
|Plus $39 Trip Charge||Trip Charge – Each visit to job site will incur a Trip Charge|
SERVICE HOURS, SCHEDULING & SERVICE POLICIES
- Standard Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday with the exception of National Holidays – Hourly rate includes time spent gathering materials specific to project with the exclusion of standard construction materials (nails, screws, etc.) and tools.
- After Hours and National Holidays. After hours are after 5 pm and weekend including national holidays are subject to service technician availability.
- Appointments are scheduled based on project length, which includes a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum project length of 8 hrs. Any projects requiring more than 8 hours completing will be scheduled as separate appointments (not to exceed 8 hrs.) subject to service technician availability. Full payment is due upon completion of each scheduled appointment. Appointments extending past 5:00 PM will be billed at the “after hours” rate and resumed as a separate appointment.
- The scheduled services will be performed during regular business hours. Appointments are scheduled based on Handyman’s understanding of the Customer-provided project description. Upon arrival, the service technician will fully assess the project scope and should the scope of work vary greatly from the Customer’s provided description, the change of scope will be discussed with the Customer for approval prior to commencing any work. At minimum, regardless of whether the Customer accepts the change of scope of work, there will be a $65.00 service charge plus $39 trip charge for reviewing the project scope with the Customer.
- Service appointments are booked on Handyman’s schedule with the Customer’s specific project in mind. The appropriate service technician, materials, and blocked time are set aside for the Customer’s scope of work. If the service technician is unable to perform the scope of work and the appointment is not completed for any reason (which may include but is not limited to insufficient provided materials, material that require a special order or significant change(s) to the scope of work), payment is due for the time completed.
- Handyman will do its best to remove construction debris. Our service technician will take everything that fits in an 8 gallon garbage bag and will neatly pile any larger pieces on Customer’s property per Customer’s direction. Any removal of debris from the premises will be the sole responsibility of the Customer. But, Handyman will be happy to refer Customer to one of Handyman’s hauling subcontractors.
- Customer must be home at both the start and completion of the appointment to discuss the project scope with Handyman’s service technician, allow access to work area, and to approve work upon completion.
PUNCTUALITY / RESCHEDULING & CANCELLATION POLICY
In order to accommodate our Customers with work completed in a timely manner, punctuality is critical. Our service technician will arrive at the Customer’s house within a 15 minute time frame. If for any reason service technician is unable to honor the scheduled appointment, Customer will be notified as soon as possible, and the appointment will be rescheduled to the next available time.
If Customer incurs a scheduling conflict, appointments may be rescheduled with a minimum notice of 24-hours. Last-minute cancellations or Customer-neglected appointments will incur minimum charge of $65 plus $39 trip charge.
PARTS AND MATERIALS
A) Supplies and Materials can be provided by the Customer at their own expense; however, Handyman does not warranty any Customer-supplied materials. If the Customer elects to provide material(s), the Customer will be responsible for providing appropriate/accurate materials specific to the job.
B) Parts supplied by Handyman will contain a 25% markup and sales tax. Parts/Material invoice to be reviewed upon completion will show itemized materials purchased, charges and sales tax if applicable. There will be an additional delivery fee if the Handyman cannot bring them to the job site due to the size, weight and/or quantity. Customer will be informed of the delivery fee prior to scheduling an appointment. Handyman does not assume responsibility or liability for any damage or loss in any way related to Handyman’s alleged failure to obtain parts in a timely manner.
C) Handyman does not include the purchase or matching of paint/stain color(s). Therefore, the Customer must provide paint/stain as required for all applicable projects. Should the Customer authorize Handyman to provide the paint/stain, discrepancy in color/shade of the paint/stain is not guaranteed by Handyman and will be solely Customer’s responsibility.
- Renting Equipment – Pressure washers, generators, and other provided construction equipment carry rental fees. Customer will be informed of any applicable rental fee(s) prior to scheduling a service appointment.
Our warranty extends to labor only. From the date of project completion, Handyman’s new construction workmanship is under warranty for a 12 month period and repairs/modifications to existing workmanship are under warranty for a 30 day period. Our warranty excludes normal workmanship defects defined as natural imperfections visible only by close inspection at a distance of 36” or less and natural curing cracks of caulk, grout, and concrete. Warranties are void of any liability for materials or products supplied by the Customer or Customer’s representative. Manufacturer warranties apply to all supplied materials as applicable. There are no other guarantees expressed or implied, and Handyman shall not be liable for actual, special, economic, expectation, and/or consequential damages of any nature and/or kind.
PAYMENT FOR SERVICES:
- Payment Type – Payment can be made by personal check, cashiers check, money order or credit/debit card (Visa, Master). Handyman does not accept cash.
- Non-Payment – Returned checks will incur a processing fee of $50 in addition to the full amount due plus 18% interest to the Customer till it is paid in full.
- Availability – Customer or an authorized representative of the Customer must be present at scheduled appointment completion to provide payment and approval of project completion by signing Handyman’s Invoice. If neither the Customer nor their authorized representative are going to be present upon completion of the work, full payment can be charged to a credit card on file and project completion will be confirmed by Handyman.